Students will be able to broaden their Nutritional, Cultural, Housing & Design, and Child Development perspectives; as well as share their skills, thoughts and ideas with their peers through discussions, writings, presentations, skits, powerpoint presentations, labs, and more.
My Class Rules
- Uphold the positive and respectful atmosphere of the classroom
- Follow my directions.
My Class Procedures/Routines
- Be on Time (in your seat working on bell work when the bell rings), with a pen/pencil (sharpened), paper, and class folder. Backpacks set to the side of you. A tardy will be given if either of these standards are not met. Every tardy from the 4th tardy on will result in an office referral.
- Every class will begin with Bell Work. It is written on the board when you come in.
- Personal Technology: Cell phones, I-Pods, MP3’s, etc. should be out of sight upon entering the classroom (this includes ear buds, headphones, cords, etc.). There will be times when technology may be used, but those times will be designated by the teacher.
No personal technology may be used during assessments of any kind (formative or summative).
- Food and Drink:- Only bottled water will be allowed.
- Library Time: Use your time wisely. Students are expected to be on task. Inappropriate use of the computer or your computer time will result in removal of computer privileges. Absolutely no food or drink will be allowed in the library at any time!
- Paper Format: Typed papers should be in 12pt., Times New Roman font, black ink, double spaced with 1 inch margins. All typed papers should have a title page in the appropriate MLA format.
- Daily attendance is a must as each lesson builds upon the previous one.
- If you are absent the day before a quiz/test and no new material is covered
on that day, you will be required to take the quiz/test.
- It is the student’s responsibility to get all missed work and/or arrange time
before or after school to make up a test or quiz. Make-ups will not be given
Half Day and Homecoming ....